Location: Heathrow, T5
Value: Approx £4m
The project was to improve passenger experience by automating the boarding procedure for flights at Terminal 5A, 5B and 5C.
Meads works consisted of:
- Logistics and hoardings
- Removal of all redundant glazing panels and reinstatement of screed and floor finishes
- Cutting channels in floors for installation of new Glazing panels
- Cutting channels in floors for new service trenches to supply the new boarding Gates
- Supply and installation of bespoke service trench lids and access panels in the floors, including the tiling.
- Builders work and firestopping to service routes through the terminal to supply the new gates
Much of the work was conducted in live areas. This meant all exposed sections of floors had to be protected and returned to use after each night shift.
The actual installation of the new boarding gates had to be completed in one week for each gate to minimise airline disruption.